Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Why I do what I do...

After working closely with business owners, agencies, all forms of media throughout my years as a small market radio advertising sales rep, I came to notice a gnawing sense of frustration amongst entrepreneurs who truly wanted to grow their business.

Two things were glaringly apparent:

1. Many business owners lacked the time it took to manage their advertising. (They were too busy growing their business!)

2. And as an Advertising Rep with a developed list of hundreds of accounts to service…I too was stretched beyond what I could manage. (And so were most of my colleagues!)

Because I took a personal interest in writing and producing great sounding radio commercials, I wrote probably 90% or more of ALL my clients’ commercials. Which was great, as long as I only had a limited number of businesses to work with. But as my account list grew, the level of personal service I could provide simply waned. I could do a pretty ‘good’ job for many, but couldn’t do an excellent job for all.

Hence the idea for being an independent ‘Marketing Consultant’ was conceived.

For many of my clients, hiring an Advertising Agency isn’t an affordable option. So I work with a small number of area businesses helping with many aspects of their marketing including creating and implementing effective advertising campaigns, working directly with their advertising reps to ensure their message remains consistent, developing and implementing social networking tools and on and on.

I created this BLOG & my facebook page NOT TO SELL my services, but to ADD VALUE to business owners and advertising sales reps alike. I will be posting little ‘nuggets of wisdom’ I have learned from many people over the years and also ideas and strategies that I hope will help you be more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment